Phil's Reviews > Power Down

Feb 05, 12

bookshelves: ben-coes
Read from July 17 to 22, 2011

Power Down[author:Ben Coes|409546

This is of the same genre as Vince Flynn’s or Alex Berenson’s Muslim terrorist books. A rogue group of Muslim terrorists, offended in youth by America, plans major destruction to the United States. Of course a macho American hero is created to solve all the problems. The hero, in this book, Dewey Andreas, is x-military, x-seal, and has been injured somehow by his own government. All the books work the same way, heavily into weaponry, eavesdropping technology and brute force of mankind. I happen to enjoy these books because they keep you engaged and I am able to imagine, if an attack again came against the United States, where it might be directed to. In this novel it is the United State’s energy sources.

What challenges my thinking is what “my” beliefs in US foreign policy are? Do we take the battle to the terrorist on their soil, or do we become isolationist and protect our borders? Is there really some “middle-ground”? I am left with the feeling that the same battles and differences that we have fought over thousands of years, are still here today with little hope of ever going away between Arab, Jew and Anglo.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Power Down.