Erica's Reviews > Level 2

Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans

Jul 23, 12

Read from June 28 to July 22, 2012

I love afterlife stories. They all are so unique and vastly different from one another, but Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans is by far the most unique of them all. Basically we need to just talk about how incredibly awesome Level 2 was.

Lenore Appelhans prose is just gorgeous. I could read her writing all day and I in a way did. This was one of those books that was so good but I drew out reading it so I could just savor the story. Level 2 was one of the best written books I've read in a long while. Level 2 has some epic world building going on. I loved the world and loved finding out more about it.

Level 2 is such a neat blend of genres. It's a bit paranormal, with a bit scifi, and a big dose of dystopian in there as well. I absolutely loved it. Then on top of it all, so much of the book is reliving memories. It was just such a neat structure and framework to the book.

The beginning of the book was a bit slower paced. The story really picks up in the second half of the book. Lenore Appelhans has a real knack for story telling. I was just entranced by both the world and the characters themselves. All the characters had such interesting qualities and I am really curious to see more about all of their back stories.

The stakes are high in Level 2. It was quite the thrill to read. By the end of the book, I was on the edge of my seat, mouth wide open. One thing after the next kept surprising me. I loved the unpredictability of the plot.

Lenore Appelhans is an author to watch out for if Level 2 was any measure of what she can do. Level 2 was a new favorite of mine and I cannot wait to delve back into the world of Felicia and Julian once more. I basically just want to stand and shout from the rooftops my love for this book. It was just so awesome.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Level 2.

07/03/2012 page 59
20.0% "LOVE the writing! Gorgeous <3"
07/22/2012 page 219
76.0% "Can we please talk about the awesomeness that is this book?"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lenore (new) - added it

Lenore Appelhans yay!

message 2: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (Bookiemoji) SOB! I so want to read this one!! Hope you enjoy!!! :) (SO many great ARCs out lately!!)

message 3: by Lenore (new) - added it

Lenore Appelhans So glad you won the ARC Jenna!

message 4: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (Bookiemoji) Yay! I'm sure you can tell that I am, too. ;) Can't wait to receive it.