Tara's Reviews > Wildwood Dancing

Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier

F_50x66
Jul 17, 11

Read in July, 2011

I'd probably give this book a 4.5, if that was an option. It was a creative story developed from the fairytale, The Twelve Dancing Princesses, set in Translyvania. I always enjoy stories where the characters enter different worlds through secret portals in our own world. I found the book compelling to read. Some of the characters include "night people" which are similar to vampires. After all the Twilight books, and other vampire series and shows, vampires seem a little cliche, although I think this book was written before the Twilight series began, and the novel included so many other characters and parts to the plot that the "night people" were only one element of many. I especially like how the main character, Jena, found that she could visit the "other kingdom" through "dark of the moon" as well as at "full moon," but that "dark of the moon" was the same place, only an "evil" version, existing simulatenously. It made me think of this life and how evil and good do exist together within our own world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wildwood Dancing.