Ana's Reviews > My Haunted House

My Haunted House by Angie Sage

Aug 03, 11

bookshelves: e-book, children, in-english
Read from July 17 to 18, 2011

Are you afraid of ghost? Well, if yes, Araminta seems to the opposite. She has been looking for her own ghost for years. She live in Spookie House, with Aunt Tabby and Uncle Drac. One day, Aunt Tabby want them to move to another place. She was frustated about the boiler which likely caused troubles. She thought the Spookie House is a little bigger for three of them, she want them to move to the smaller place that she could handle.

Knowing that they have to move, Araminta arrange the plan to defend the Spookie House. She doesn't want to move, she like this house and believes that there are ghosts in this place that she hasn't discover. And the adventure begin.

I enjoy reading this book. I haven't read the Septimus Heap series before, so I don't know what kind of writing style Angie Sage would bring in. But I like this. Light reading, imaginative, funny, and entertaining. Araminta is such a brave girl with thousands creative idea to keep Spookie House. The name of each character is funny too, like Mr. & Mrs. Wizzard, Uncle Drac (who fond of bats and keep them in his room), even Araminta Spookie itself is a funny name.
This book contains many illustration, like this one:
[image error]
I recommend this book to everyone who love reading children books, or to parents for your children. This book is the first in a series, and the title of the sequel is The Sword in the Grotto. I wish I could get the copy soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Haunted House.

07/17/2011 page 46