clinestar's Reviews > Saving Grace

Saving Grace by Ciara Geraghty

Jul 17, 11

After reading rather a lot of heavy stuff, I was in the mood for something light and picked this up in the library. I was expecting your standard chick lit fare - girl in problematic situation with a man who doesn't understand her or no man at all (even more problematic). You know the type. This was cleverer than that, the writing more crisp, more witty, more alive. When reading the book you became surrounded by the piles of clothing in Grace and Caroline's flat when they were getting ready for a night out and felt like offering wardrobe suggestions. You felt irritated by Shane's perpetual hairflicking and eternal self-obsession. You saw bare patch of skin where Bernard's trousers ended abruptly above his ankle and wished he'd buy some longer ones.

This is something I haven't noticed for a while - characters that almost tumble out of the book into your lives, so that it seems you've lost a friend when you finish the book. I have just ordered two other books by Ms Geraghty - oh, and my own copy of Saving Grace so I can give the library their one back.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving Grace.