Lauren Suero's Reviews > Goddess Interrupted

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Apr 13, 2012

Read from December 07 to 14, 2011

Seeing as I just finished the book, I'm going to need time and a bottle of vodka in order to process that ending. Epic cliffhanger to rival Holly Black's 'White Cat'.

Why yes, it did take me a while to process this book.. in a good way, of course. Mostly because I really wanted to save a review until I had the chance to read 'The Goddess Hunt' (the novella before this book).

I hold a soft spot in my heart for this series. It was one of the first books I publicly reviewed (The Goddess Test) and I loved almost everything about it. Needless to say when I was given an early copy to read, I was all about 'Goddess Interrupted'.

The book was fairly consistent throughout its entirety. There were quite a few times where I wanted to strangle Kate or Henry. Their mood swings literally give me whiplash (yes, I quoted 'Twilight' there... shut up.) As we get further into the series, I hope these two can grow up and get their stuff together. :) Still love them to pieces, though.

Persephone is introduced in this novel, but only that: an introduction. We truly need to know more about her story and how it involves Kate & Henry before we can fully pass judgement on whether we want to like her as a character or not. She is essential to the storyline and I look forward to seeing this part progress.

Which leaves me with the ending. THE ENDING. THAAAAATTTTT ENDINGGGGGGG.

I have never wanted the next book so bad.. ever.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goddess Interrupted.

12/07/2011 page 11
4.0% "Holy goodness! So good so far. :)"
12/14/2011 page 228
75.0% "RAGEBALLS. Seriously, I'm going to castrate Henry."
12/14/2011 page 304
100.0% "THE ENDING. Oh god. *rocks back and forth*"

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy <--- JEALOUS!!!

Angela  M That cliff-hanger was killer! (and probably the saving grace of the book -sadly...)

message 3: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen So Excited to read this book!

Nina Yeah that cliffhanger was definitely not what I expected!

Winnie I know what you mean… WOW!!!!