Jo's Reviews > 1022 Evergreen Place

1022 Evergreen Place by Debbie Macomber

Jul 16, 11

bookshelves: fiction
Read in July, 2011

While I don't like this series as well as I do the Blossom Street series, I have read all of it and enjoyed it. But this book was a disappointment. It has no continuity (very choppy) and too many characters. It really pulled me out of the story -- and got to be irritating -- that every time a character appeared, the story stops, and the author reviews who they are and what has happened to them in the last nine books. And if they make another appearance later in the book, it happens again. Additionally, if you took out all the reviewing, there wasn't much of a story left. The author starts a new story line towards the end of the book and just drops it at a crisis point essentially saying get the next book to find out what happens. Ok, the series is basically a soap opera in print form but she's been smoother than that in past books. The thing is, even with the abrupt ending, or maybe because of it, I don't really think I want to read the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 1022 Evergreen Place.