Slayermel's Reviews > Cowboys and Aliens

Cowboys and Aliens by Scott Mitchell Rosenberg

Jul 26, 11

bookshelves: library, graphic-novels, american, 21st-century, fiction, male-authors, 2011, science-fiction
Read on July 26, 2011, read count: 1

This was an interesting enough read and I enjoyed the concept, however I feel that the story could have used a little more work. I decided to read this before seeing the movie and I'm glad I did as the clips of the movie already look 10 times better then the book. I think had I seen the movie first I may not have gotten through the whole graphic novel.
I think considering this was written in 2006 the technology the aliens possessed could have been stepped up a few notches, what was shown in this story was a little ridiculous. I'm now very interested to see how the movie will differ.

The characters where interesting enough, but you don't really get to know them that well and there are a couple of relationships that spring up out of nowhere that I'm just supposed to believe, ummm....when did they develop?

It's a fast enough read for anyone looking for something different I just wouldn't expect too much of this.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cowboys and Aliens.