Bron's Reviews > Heartless

Heartless by Gail Carriger

Jul 16, 11

bookshelves: prenatural, steampunk, vampire, were-wolf
Read in July, 2011

I loved it! All the elements of the Alexia Tarabotti novels were in play and in great form, from Gail Carriger's unique style to each of the characters that make this series of novels edible.

Due to the unkown nature of the impending child, a decision was made for the pack to temporarily move to London and for Lord Akeldama to adopt the child. In town we experience more of Lord Akeldama and his eccentiricities, Biffy sulking and trying to cope as a were wolf, the unexpected appearance of Felicity (asking to stay with her sister), Madame Lefoux in the midst of designing something big, and plenty of situations for Alexia to have to solve.

Along the way we learn more about Floote, Professor Lyall and even Channing (whom Felicity appears to find charming), and Alexia is fed a few more tit bits about her father. Finally, after several books of speculation, we learn more about the Maccon offspring.

By the end of this novel, the supernatural world as London knew it has been turned inside out and righted once more (of course thanks to the capable hands of Alexia), but will never be the same for those involved in the right circles. 4.5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heartless.