Miramira Endevall's Reviews > Lives of the Monster Dogs

Lives of the Monster Dogs by Kirsten Bakis

U_50x66
Jul 17, 11

Yeah, I'm not going to be finishing this book. I made it as far as page 25, but if I force myself to finish this book, that's going to be 3-4 hours of my life that I will have utterly wasted, and you can't get those back.

An excerpt, from page 20: "At that moment, lightning struck the New Jersey shore, across the water, directly in front of me. If you had been watching from the street, the bolt probably would have seemed to go right through my head. And at that exact instant - or really just a fraction of a second beforehand - my heart broke. I don't know how to describe it except to say that. Nothing like it had ever happened to me before. Something just burst out and flooded down, all the way to my thighs, and it was exactly like liquid wax."

If you're hoping for actual social commentary...not so much. It reads like a creative-writing exercise from English 101, and not a particularly good one at that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lives of the Monster Dogs.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sharon I wasted several hours of my life reading this, and all I can say is that you made the right choice. It was awful.