Tamara's Reviews > Gotham City Sirens, Volume 1: Union

Gotham City Sirens, Volume 1 by Paul Dini

** spoiler alert ** [This was written originally for an 'article' I submitted to rookiemag.com, but it was not used.]
This series happens after Bruce Wayne has been killed and the role of Batman has been taken over by Dick Grayson and after Hush literally ripped out Selina Kyles (Catwoman) heart. Thankfully Selina fully recovered because magic is real but the Selina we see isn’t the one we’re used to. She’s still quite weak and almost gets taken out by a weak thug until Ivy helps her out and that’s how the partnership starts. We get a peek into the world of a villain and the eternal mystery of how villains obtain their ideal lair finally gets answered. But I think the part I loved the most was getting to see the ‘good’ things that these girls do. Did you know that Ivy likes to steal money from non-environmentally friendly companies to give away to her favourite charities? I think this is probably one of my favourites purely for the girl gang aspect. If you want to read more about these lovely ladies in a ‘canon’ safe story, check out Mad Love [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Mad-Lo... Harley and Ivy [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Harley...]!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gotham City Sirens, Volume 1.