Victoria Allman's Reviews > Threat Warning

Threat Warning by John Gilstrap

Jul 16, 11

I've been waiting for the latest Jonathan Grave book in the series by John Gilstrap since the second I turned the page of the last book. These are high-action books that keep you turning pages for more reasons than just the adventure of following along with special-ops trained soldiers "Digger" and "Big Guy". For me, it is the humanity of the story that keeps me locked into the story. These are action-heroes that care and are real. Never once have I thought any of the dialogue or characters were a stretch or unbelievable. These are two men I would love to know!

In Threat Warning, a mother and child of a special-ops soldier in Afghanistan are kidnapped and held hostage by a cult called the Army of God. As a rescue specialist, Jonathan "Digger" Graves and his team must go in and secure the precious cargo. The tension does not falter throughout the whole book. It grips you from page one and does not let you go.

Gilstrap is a master of the thriller genre, but it is the emotional tug of the story that sets him apart. Digger fights for children with whatever means necessary, Gail, his girlfriend/team member, fights for the law and to do things by the book; they are fighting for the same cause from two very different points-of-view. This is the emotional drama of the book and series that I fell in love with in the first two books (No Mercy and Hostage Zero).

I LOVED every minute of Threat Warning, especially the promise of book four! I will be waiting anxiously for the next installment, as you should. I highly recommend this and each book in the series.

Victoria Allman
author of: SEAsoned - A Chef's Journey with Her Captain

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Threat Warning.