Delaney Diamond's Reviews > Loving the Beast

Loving the Beast by Naima Simone

Jul 16, 2011

bookshelves: interracial-romance, contemporary-romance
I own a copy

Another smoking hot read from Naima Simone! I really enjoyed Sweet Ultimatum (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/79...) and looked forward to reading this one. Not only did she write an interesting plot, I enjoyed just reading the words and how she puts them together.

Xavier is a tortured alpha male who coerces Gwendolyn into spending seven days with him in exchange for funding the community center she manages. They've known each other for years, and even though they've always been friends, they've both been secretly in love with each other for a long time.

Gwen ends up engaged to Xavier's brother, and Xavier ends up engaged to another woman, Evelyn. Joshua dies and Evelyn cheats on Xavier, leaving the hero and heroine free. Unlike his so-called "friends" of the social elite, Gwen sees past the scars that mar Xavier's body, and her love remains as strong as ever. He, however, has to learn to appreciate her and what she has to offer, because his pride has been so bruised by the rejections he's experienced since he became the "beast." She, in turn, has to get past her guilt over the death of Xavier's brother and the role she played in his unexpected demise.

This is an emotionally charged book with lots of flaming hot sex (Xavier clearly has an oral fixation) and wonderful plot. Looking forward to reading the next one from Ms. Simone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loving the Beast.

~Charmer~the 1-click addict This sounds good. Ima add it to my list.

Delaney Diamond You'll definitely like it. She sucks you in from the first chapter.