Taryn at My Secret Romance's Reviews > An Offer From a Gentleman

An Offer From a Gentleman by Julia Quinn

I am so impressed with this author! I was a little skeptical about this book to be honest even though I enjoyed the first two books in this series. I've never read a Cinderella type story before. Sure, I've seen the movie a million times and was Cinderella for Halloween for many many years but I've never had any interest in a Cinderella story.

Until now.

What a beautifully written romantic love story! How my heart ached for Sophie and Benedict. What a wretched woman her step mother was and those two awful step sisters of hers. I could've killed them with my bare hands! Although Posy wasn't too bad of a step sister, I'm curios to see where she ends up, if we find out.

I am starting to wonder who Lady Whistledown could possibly be. I have an idea, but cannot for her identity to be revealed!
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Offer From a Gentleman.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I really enjoyed this series!

Taryn at My Secret Romance I wish I would have read it sooner! I had all the books sitting on my shelf, collecting dust!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish So did I, Taryn. It took me forever to get around to reading them!

Taryn at My Secret Romance I'm going to take a break now from reading them....I don't them to end! LOL

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I did that too. I just read the last two a few months ago. She started a new series, a spinoff.

Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥ Glad you like it! Have you read Just Like Heaven? You gonna love it :-)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Nisha Mslvoe wrote: "Glad you like it! Have you read Just Like Heaven? You gonna love it :-)"

I've heard it's great! Maybe better than the Bridgertons, even.

Taryn at My Secret Romance I haven't read anything else by Julia. I find that the other series are not as good as the first one I read by them. So I am a little hesitant to read them....

Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥ UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Nisha Mslvoe wrote: "Glad you like it! Have you read Just Like Heaven? You gonna love it :-)"

I've heard it's great! Maybe better than the Bridgertons, even."

Read it and will wait for your review :-)

Taryn at My Secret Romance Oh wow! Another book to add to my "to buy" list.

Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥ Taryn, please try Eloisa James "When Beauty Tamed the Beast". Its great!

Taryn at My Secret Romance Should I read those books in order?

Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥ Its stand alone (I thinks) but "When Beauty Tamed the Beast" was a 2nd book in the Happily Ever After.. series. The 1st book was "A Kiss at Midnight". I loved all her books except Desperate Duchesses series. Too many characters to remember.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish They are definitely stand-alones, Taryn.

Taryn at My Secret Romance Thanks, ladies!

message 16: by Didi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Didi Great review Taryn :-))