Jessica's Reviews > On the Fringe

On the Fringe by Courtney King Walker

Oct 20, 11

bookshelves: i-own, read-in-2011
Read from October 12 to 20, 2011

Review: On the Fringe is such a wonderful book that focuses on the power of love. It involves friendship, family, and a past event that may destroy it all.

Claire and Daniel have been friends for a long time. They, along with their siblings, have been stuck together since they were young. The story is from the point of view of Daniel and Claire. This allows readers to not only get Claire's perspective, but to see how Daniel viewed their relationship early on. We get to read about their childhood and how little events started the attraction that eventually made them love each other.

Then, right when Claire and Daniel were wanting to come forward with their feelings, he is killed. Now Claire is trying to deal with her feelings and she isn't able to really share it with anyone because their siblings didn't know she liked him. She suffers in silence and you can't help but connect with her character during this time. It's easy to see how the hurt and regrets were destroying her.

But Daniel isn't as far away as Claire thinks, and after she has an accident on her birthday, she gets to see him again. Daniel saves her and, in turn, they get the ability to see each other at the same time each night. These parts were some of my favorites in the book. The characters were finally able to break down the walls they had up and tell each other what they had been thinking all these years.

On the Fringe isn't just about lost love though, it contains a character that wishes to destroy Daniel and his connection with Claire. Daniel turns into Claire's protector and Courtney did a great job weaving in drama with the ghost elements.

This is a very enjoyable read. I'm normally not a big fan of ghost stories but this one manages to bring together all the elements needed to connect with the characters, understand their connection, and be on the edge of your seat as you follow along. I can't wait to read more from Courtney!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Fringe.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

A Full Bookshelf I'm curious to hear what you think of this!

Jessica I was tearing up around page 20 so I think I'm doomed lol. :)