♔ Leah. 's Reviews > Silence

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Ahhhh, don't you just love it when your half-angel/sexual predator/douchebag as well as your part time boyfriend takes you in your arms and is about to throw you into a tempestuous ocean during a storm while he wears fake wings like gender-bended Tinkerbell while your hair fans out as if you are in a Pantene advert? Oh the memories still make me weak at the knees(!) :')

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silence.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Haleema LOL! Oh my God. Now I feel so horrible for liking Patch. I don't know why. I just do. I hate Nora though. She can drown in her own blood for all I care.

♔ Leah. Haleema wrote: "LOL! Oh my God. Now I feel so horrible for liking Patch. I don't know why. I just do. I hate Nora though. She can drown in her own blood for all I care."

See, I liked the idea if Patch because at least he was bad but then he ended up being a total dick. It's a pity because I loved his snarky attitude and it was put to waste. Had he been portrayed as a villain rather than a love interest then I would have liked him as a villain (minus the harassment).

Haleema I think Jace from The Mortal Instruments was a BIGGER jerk than Patch. Patch, in my opinion, just had a mysterious, sly attitude. Jace was just an arrogant jerk. It was in him. Ugh. What is it with YA authors wanting their males to be arrogant, rude, and patronizing? *stands up from her chair* YOU CAN STILL BE SEXY WHILE BEING NICE! *sits back down*

message 4: by ♔ Leah. (last edited Jul 16, 2011 02:19PM) (new) - added it

♔ Leah. If you think he's bad then you should meet Will Herondale who is his grandfather in The Clockwork Angel. God, he was a twat and a half.

IKR? It's so goddamn frustrating- being a jerk is not sexy. However, there are 2 bad boys that fall into that description that I know of: Adrian Ivashkov and Christian Ozera from Vampire Academy. I think you'll like them. :)

Haleema OH GOD! WILL! I would like to chop him into small bits and pieces and feed him to the dogs of hell. And Tessa? Tessa. Oh, dear. She's... *loss for words* My blood boils.

Are you being sarcastic? Those names sound so Mary Sue. Lol. Christian Opera.

message 6: by ♔ Leah. (last edited Jul 16, 2011 02:25PM) (new) - added it

♔ Leah. I hate him, so so much. The way he treated Tessa- just *vomit* douchebaginess is apparently hereditary tbh. Tessa was Clary and Bella's love child.

LOL, sorry- it was a mistake I made whilst typing on my phone: Christian Ozera not opera, LMFAO. Don't worry, they are anything but Sueish- they have character flaws! *shock* However Dimitri "Dimka" Belikov? Gary Stu of the Russians.

Haleema Real character flaws?! Not an ugly mark on the forhead, clumsiness, etc? There is hope in life!

♔ Leah. LOL, I mean it- real character flaws- none of that Twishite bullshit and no Edward Cullen crap like watching you sleep.

message 9: by Alice (new)

Alice Are you really going to attempt to read this, darling? Becca Fritzpatrick's books are too painful for even the most masochistic of readers. I'm still suffering from the flogging I got attempting to read Hush Hush.

And, lol yes, he certainly does look like he's about to throw her in the ocean and watch her drown. How romantic.

Haleema When I first saw this cover, I really thought it was nice. I thought he was saving her. Now that I actually look at it, it does look like she's dead and he's going to chuck her in the ocean. Maybe my mind hasn't matured yet.

I. Must. See. The. True. Light.

message 11: by Alice (new)

Alice Haleema wrote: "When I first saw this cover, I really thought it was nice. I thought he was saving her. Now that I actually look at it, it does look like she's dead and he's going to chuck her in the ocean. Maybe ..."

Keep reading dreadful books. ;) The True Light shines only on those who have exposed themselves to far too many!

Haleema Exactly! The more horrible books you read, the better for you as a reader. It will help you avoid the same mistakes the author did if you are a writer. It will help you become a stronger person as well.

message 13: by Alice (new)

Alice *nods* I definitely agree in the case of writers but readers must be a bit more cautious. I consider Becca Fritzpatrick's books to be of the most high octane kind of bad. I lost the desire to go near a book for awhile after I attempted to read Hush Hush and months later I'm still having trouble finishing things.

Though I suppose I did gain some knowledge out of the whole thing. I now know of something much worse than Twilight!

Haleema I call that a Book Coma. =) I was in a mini Book Coma after reading Marked. But I recovered fast. I thought I wouldn't. Thankfully, I did!

message 15: by ♔ Leah. (last edited Jul 17, 2011 11:31AM) (new) - added it

♔ Leah. @ Alice

message 16: by Alice (last edited Jul 17, 2011 10:36PM) (new)

Alice Haleema wrote: "I call that a Book Coma. =) I was in a mini Book Coma after reading Marked. But I recovered fast. I thought I wouldn't. Thankfully, I did!"

Hmm...I think in this case it's more similar to a Book Stroke. But LOL I love the way Book Coma sounds!

The House of Night series is one great big offensive trainwreck. Thankfully I blocked out the memory of reading it (I got up to book five or six somehow).

message 17: by Alice (last edited Jul 17, 2011 10:43PM) (new)

Alice ♔ leah. ♣ wrote: "@ Alice

Yes bb, I am going to attempt to read this- I just want to use another book as my dartboard. The VA one has worn it's welcome. Plus, I need more material for my snark."

Aren't you going to be reading Bloodlines? You should have more than enough to tide you over for some time and I'd really advise against you snarking these particular books. I WAS SCARRED FOR LIFE BECAUSE OF ITS FIRST BOOK. My braincells are still recovering from the sheer overload of goddamn awful.

You could always read the House of Night books. They're incredibly offensive, chock full of things for you to snark but infinitely less painful to read.

message 18: by ♔ Leah. (new) - added it

♔ Leah. Oh don't worry I've actually come up with a tactic that doesn't kill my brain cells- plus it'll just be a skim read so I won't be harmed in the process. ;) My amazing, so called tactic involved reading a shitty book simultaneously reading a good one, so that way I recover.

I've already read them LOL, and I'm coming around to review them.

message 19: by Alice (new)

Alice You'll need about five good books to handle this.

All of them? I know you've read Marked.

message 20: by ♔ Leah. (new) - added it

♔ Leah. I went out and already got them ;)

I've read upto Untamed but then I gave up because I can't read long series.

herhairsonfire He sure knows how to get a girl all hot and bothered. ;)
Somebody please get this man an award.
-swoons-