Staci's Reviews > Tout Sweet: Hanging Up My High Heels for a New Life in France

Aug 30, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011-reads
Read from August 21 to 22, 2011

First thoughts after finishing: "Where can I sign up to do exactly what Karen did????"

This book had me at the summary alone. Who wouldn't jump at the opportunity for a fresh, new start in a romantic country? I loved Karen's straightforward writing and her humor made me chuckle more than once. I think that renovating an old house in the countryside of France would be wonderful and probably exasperating experience, but I would certainly be game to do it. I've been reading her blog, Tout Sweet off and on since I finished the book and it really adds another dimension to her journey.

Recommend? Yes, I absolutely would. If you loved the book/movie "Under the Tuscan Sun" then you will certainly enjoy this one too. Different location, different life situations, but the same theme...being independent, starting over, and jumping headfirst into the unknown that is life!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tout Sweet.

08/21/2011 page 77
show 1 hidden update…

Gwen - Chew & Digest Books - We have been thinking about chucking it all and moving to Italy- going to grab this and read it pronto!

Staci Gwen wrote: "We have been thinking about chucking it all and moving to Italy- going to grab this and read it pronto!"

OMG!! That sounds like quite the adventure!! If you do it you should journal it and then write a book!!!

Gwen - Chew & Digest Books - That's the plan, just have to wait for the youngest stepdaughter to get "settled" a bit more in life:)

Passports are ready, residents visas have been applied for and everything.

Staci Gwen wrote: "That's the plan, just have to wait for the youngest stepdaughter to get "settled" a bit more in life:)

Passports are ready, residents visas have been applied for and everything."

I'm seriously jealous!!