Jess (Gone with the Words)'s Reviews > The Iron Knight

Nov 17, 2011

bookshelves: young-adult, read-2011
Read from October 22 to 23, 2011 , read count: 1

Read this review on my blog! --> The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

I was ecstatic when I found out the next book in the Iron Fey series would be told from Ash’s perspective. After The Iron Queen there was really no other way the next book could be told but through his eyes.

What I really love about this series is that it transports me into this magical world, where things I never could have dreamed up happen. The first three books have nothing on this one in that respect. You know the expression “I’d go to the end of the world for you”, well Ash is doing that for Meghan. Literally. Ash, Puck, and Grimalkin set off on a journey to The End of the World, where Ash will have to go through several tests or trials to earn his soul and mortal body. The places and tests were highly imaginative and I found myself pausing just to perfectly capture the image in my mind. Ash gains two more companions on his journey, one of which was a total shocker...yet, not. When this character made themselves known, I had one of those “I KNEW IT!!” moments. And no, I’m not telling you who I’m talking about, you’ll have to read it to find out. :)

I will tell you that some of these test or trials Ash goes through are really heart-wrenching. I will admit I cried, but then again, Julie Kagawa always does this to me, so it came as no surprise. In the end, I cried happy tears though. I was over the moon happy with how every thing played out. That Epilogue! It was really everything I wanted in an ending for Ash and Meghan. Even though their story has come to a close, we get a glimpse into their future...sort of. You’ll know what I mean when you read it.

The Iron Knight was a wonderful ending to such a magical, romantic series. You will not be disappointed.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Knight.

10/22/2011 page 1
0.0% "#readathon Awh! Dedication:"Team Ash, this one's for you.""
20.0% "#readathon Part Two: The Seer....I knew it!! But still...whoa."
34.0% "#readathon Nooo :'("
46.0% "#readathon Need a change up. Coming back to it later."
49.0% "Yes!! Oh, how I love Ash...he can do no wrong in my eyes."
60.0% ""No! Bad wraith! No touchie!" Haha I love Puck..."
86.0% "@jkagawa *TEARS*"
86.0% "@jkagawa It was AH-MAZING! Serious love for this book!"