Estara's Reviews > Fair Game

Fair Game by Patricia Briggs

Mar 10, 12

bookshelves: ebook, read-in-2012
Recommended to Estara by: auto-buy author and series
Read from March 07 to 08, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** This was a total tour-de-force at 233 pages on my eReader. Not one word wasted. I could have done with another hundred pages to make the character of Leslie more than just someone important in the prologue, in the initial meet and greet of the team working to catch the serial killer and with a bit of a deus-ex-machina at the climax.

I liked, eventually, what I saw of Isaac. I wouldn't mind seeing more of Beauclaire and his daughter, either - I expect the first hope will come true.

Brilliant way to end the book with upping the ante for the whole world in which the two series take place - and all that without it feeling like a cliff-hanger, because there is closure for the serial killer case and even more for Charles & Anna's personal problems.

Problematic bits, maybe: (view spoiler)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fair Game.

message 1: by Sho (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sho Ohhh I am looking foward to reading this one!

Estara ^^ so am I - it's a good world with regular Mercy and Alpha & Omega and Kate Daniels - and there'll be a new Edge novel by the Andrews this year, too, I believe.

message 3: by Katharine (new) - added it

Katharine Kimbriel I didn't know this was available already! Time to dig out my Holiday gift card from B&N! I'm trying to resist your spoiler hide -- I so like to know what's going on.

Estara You're in good time, really, it only came out on the 6th - as did the newest Foreigner book.

My spoilery bit is a bit more philosophialc and abstract than usual, so I'll be interested in your impressions when you get around to reading this ^^.