Ronyell's Reviews > Seduce Me at Sunrise

Seduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa Kleypas

After reading all of Lisa Kleypas’ popular “Wallflower” series and reading her first book in the “Hathaway” series, “Mine Till Midnight,” I was definitely going to try my luck in reading the second book in the “Hathaway” series, “Seduce Me at Sunrise.” This second installment in the fantastic “Hathaway” is just as brilliant as the first book as it is full of forbidden secrets, an undying love and hot sizzling romance that will have you flipping over with anticipation!

Winnifred Hathaway was always ill ever since she was affected by the scarlet fever years ago that nearly took her life. Now, Winnifred finally has the chance to get well again by going to a well-known clinic in France that is run by Dr. Julian Harrow and when she comes back home from her treatment, Winnifred has become a changed woman! Kev Merripen, the handsome and strong Romany Gypsy that the Hathaway family has taken in ever since he was a boy, has always loved Winnifred, but because of his dark past, he refuses to confess his love for her. However, when Winnifred gets well again and her doctor, Dr. Julian Harrow starts romancing her, Kev and Winnifred will soon realize that their love might be more powerful than any dark secret can hold back.

Wow! I just have to say “wow” because this novel has totally blown me away with its dramatic writing and its brilliant title characters! Lisa Kleypas has definitely done a fantastic job at writing this novel about forbidden love and dark secrets and I thought that the “dark secrets” aspect of the story was woven into the story extremely well because it brought more drama to the story and it made the characters much more interesting to read about. What I really loved about this book were the characters themselves as they all have their dark secrets that they like to keep hidden from their loved ones, but they also know that if they keep those secrets hidden, they might risk losing the one they love. I really loved Winnifred Hathaway in this novel as she may seem weak because of her illness, but I started seeing a different side to her that I have never seen in the previous book and that was her determination to make Kev hers! Winnifred Hathaway has definitely shown so much courage and compassion for others in this book and that really made her stand out as a character that now she is on my list of favorite heroines and I really loved the way that she tries to help Kev open up his dark past to her because it showed how much she truly cared about him. Now, the hero of this story, Kev Merripen, is just awesome beyond all reason! At first, when I read “Mine Till Midnight,” he was shown to be always grumpy for no reason and it was a little hard for me to like his character. But, the moment I read this book, Kev Merripen is now officially one of my favorite romance heroes ever! I actually felt sorry for Kev whenever he had to come to grips with his dark past and how he was always worried about hurting Winnifred and that truly showed how caring and compassionate he really is despite his gruff nature. I also loved the mention of Kev’s massively muscular body since I love my romance heroes to be muscular and strong and Kev has got all the characteristics of a muscular and strong hero! I also loved seeing the continuing love of Cam and Amelia as it was just as dramatic in this story as it was in the previous book and I loved how Cam supported Kev throughout his trials of confessing his love towards Winnifred which truly made him into such a brilliant character and it was also great seeing Leo, the drunkard brother, regain his dignity in this book and he even helped out Kev with his relationship troubles. For romance fans, there are hot sizzling sexual scenes galore between Winnifred and Kev and they are just as steamy as Cam and Amelia’s and these scenes will make your romantic senses tingling as you read them!

For those of you who do not like reading about sex scenes in a novel, this book has plenty of sex scenes between Winnifred and Kev, so it would be best to skim over these scenes if they are too uncomfortable to read through.

Overall, “Seduce Me at Sunrise” is definitely a romance novel you cannot pass up and it is a brilliant sequel to the fantastic story “Mine till Midnight!”

Review is also on: Rabbit Ears Book Blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduce Me at Sunrise.

Quotes Ronyell Liked

Lisa Kleypas
“I love you, he thought, looking at Win. I love every part of you, every thought and word...the entire complex, fascinating bundle of all the things you are. I want you with ten different kinds of need at once. I love all the seasons of you, the way you are now, the thought of how much more beautiful you'll be in the decades to come. I love you for being the answer to every question my heart could ask.”

Lisa Kleypas
“Glaring at the doctor, Kev spoke in Romany. “Ka xlia ma pe tute.” (I'm going to shit on you.)

“Which means,” Rohan said hastily, “ ‘Please for­give the misunderstanding; let's part as friends.’ ”

Te malavel les i menkiva,” Kev added for good mea­sure. (May you die of a malignant wasting disease.)

“Roughly translated,” Rohan said, “that means, ‘May your garden be filled with fine, fat hedgehogs.’ Which, I may add, is considered quite a blessing among the Rom.”

Lisa Kleypas
“All the fires of hell could burn for a thousand years and it wouldn't equal what I feel for you in one minute of the day. I love you so much there is no pleasure in it. Nothing but torment. Because if I could dilute what I feel for you to the mil­lionth part, it would still be enough to kill you. And even if it drives me mad, I would rather see you live in the arms of that cold, soulless bastard than die in mine.", Merripen said to Win.”

07/16/2011 page 170
47.0% "Merripen's playing hard to get, but he really is a big ole softie!! Can't wait to see things heat up between him and Win!" 9 comments
07/20/2011 page 230
64.0% "Uh oh! Will this scandal break Kev and Win apart?"
07/26/2011 page 360
100.0% "Finished!! Review soon to come!!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Great review, Ronyell!!! I love LK historicals, all of them!

Rane Great Review Ronyell! LK HRs are some of the best- I miss her HRs ;_; already!

Ronyell Thanks UM and Rane!!

I definitely love LK's HRs now!!

Carolyn F. I loved this series too Ronyell!

Ronyell Me too Carolyn!! LK really knows how to write really great romance novels!!

Lisa Kay Lovely review, Ronyell!

Jewel Great review Ronyell, I also really enjoyed this one.

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* Super review, Ronyell! The Wallflowers and Hathaway series are the reasons why LK is the star of Historical Romance for me!

Ronyell Jewel wrote: "Great review Ronyell, I also really enjoyed this one."

Thanks Jewel!!!

Ronyell Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* wrote: "Super review, Ronyell! The Wallflowers and Hathaway series are the reasons why LK is the star of Historical Romance for me!"

Thanks Carol!!! I think that the Wallflowers and the Hathaway series are some of Lisa Kleypas' best works!!!