Ape's Reviews > The Library of Shadows

3091902
Jan 26, 13

bookshelves: scandinavia, books
Read from July 16 to 17, 2011

Goodness, when I got into this, it made quite addictive reading, and I just had to get through to the end to find out what the heck was going on and what was going to happen. This reading lark can be a dangerous thing... as this book may prove!

Set in Copenhagen, this story is about lawyer Jon Campelli. His estranged father dies in mysterious circumstances, and leaves his antiqurian bookshop to his son. Jon goes to see the bookshop and the people now working there, and finds out there was a bit more than just bookselling going on. The story then dips into a paranormal mystery, but I won't write anymore about that here.

It was mildly disappointing, as a lot of these mystery thrillers are for me, when the identity of the bad guys is revealed and they explain their dastardly plans. It always seems a wee bit luke warm compared to what I had been hoping for. But all in all this is a pretty good thriller.

It also put me in mind of some other thrillers that are about book loving. Although in completely different ways, and better than this book, but if you enjoy this you might want to check out Shadow of the Wind, The End of Mr Y, and perhaps even The Historian.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Library of Shadows.

07/17/2011 page 248