Gohomelefty's Reviews > Lover Eternal

Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward

Sep 22, 11

bookshelves: books-owned

I've read and finished 5 books from the Brotherhood series so far, and Rhage & Mary are my favorite couple. Sure, sometimes I like Zsadist more than Rhage, but Bella & Zsadist does not a great couple make, because Bella is about as paper-thin a character as Beth. At least Mary has things going on in her life, and she's the only one who's not throwing herself at any of the boys, like Bella and Beth, all needy and desperate. In fact, she's skeptical Rhage's interest in her is genuine, and she's resistant to his advances, at first anyway. She's just a more fully-realized character, than the other female leads I've read about at this point. I liked the humor in this novel...TGI Fridays--HA!. And, I love the fact that Ward has taken an old romantic theme, and put her own spin on it. Usually the knight has to rescue the damsel in distress from the evil dragon, but in this case, the dragon and the knight are one in the same--How cool is that!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Eternal.

Quotes Gohomelefty Liked

J.R. Ward
“What is your name?" she murmured.
He cocked an eyebrow at her and then went back to staring at his brother. "I'm the evil one, in case you haven't figured it out."
"I wanted your name, not your calling."
"Being a bastard's more of a compulsion, really. And it's Zsadist. I am Zsadist.”
J.R. Ward, Lover Eternal

J.R. Ward
“You are a manipulator.
I like to think of myself more as an outcome engineer.”
J.R. Ward, Lover Eternal