Traci Haley's Reviews > Rapture in Death

Rapture in Death by J.D. Robb

Jul 27, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, audiobooks, mystery-suspense, romance, series-books
Read from July 15 to 27, 2011

Awhile back, I decided to start the "In Death" series from the beginning and fill in all the gaps that I'd missed along the way. I'm very slowly accomplishing that goal and have just finished this fourth book. I thought at first it was one I hadn't read before, but about halfway through the book, I realized I actually had read it. But I find that, for me, these books have a huge re-read value. I never tire of them! Sure, they are pure canned cheese, but I just love all the characters and how they interact with each other. I always listen to the audiobooks and it continually amazes me that the female reader can make Roark sound *so* darn sexy.

Specifically to this volume, I really think this was one of the better Eve Dallas mysteries. I love it when her mysteries involve virtual reality gaming. This book also had less of Mavis than some of her other books do...and since Mavis is my least favorite character, that made me happy. It did, however, have a LOVELY amount of Roark. Rawr! Looking forward to continuing my journey through all 30+ books!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rapture in Death.