Andrea's Reviews > Hard Love

F_50x66
Jul 15, 11

bookshelves: owned
Read in August, 2009

John Galardi (Giovanni, or Gio for short) is a little less than normal boy who has never really had friends. He’s never really liked girls, even going as far to think that he may be gay. Brian, his only “friend” is obsessed with becoming popular and making something out of himself, but John… isnt. That is until he meets the author of his favorite zine Escape Velocity, Marisol, a self proclaimed “rich spoiled lesbian private-school gifted-and -talented writer virgin looking for love”. John starts making new friends and feels like he's never felt before. The problem being when his feelings for end up blowing up in his face, seeing as she's a lesbian. The book is basically about how a teen handles being in a completely one-sided relationship.

This book was really good, but mostly just for a quick read. The plot was a little repetitive and started with a boring beggining, and honestly it didn’t really get much better for me. It has a bit of humor in it but I feel like the author was trying for teen angst and it ended up a little off. At first you may think that its about being lesbian or gay but its more about unrequited love and how we cant control who we love. This book was nice but I really wouldn’t recommend it for people who don’t really have the focus to ride out the slower parts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard Love.