––––•(-•The Insomniac Book Hoarder•-'s Reviews > Bite Me!

Bite Me! by Melissa Francis

Jul 15, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: ya-fiction
Read in July, 2011

The plot was interesting enough and books like these have a way of drawing you in despite having a lack luster characters.

A story about a not so average 17 year old vampire girl's experience- a hot ex boyfriend who is now her step brother, an ex classmate who she may or may not have turned and to top it all off- her 'constant' blood lust and bein denial of what she is..

AJ, the main protagonist comes off initially as a 'strong bad ass' person, but her thought process and issues just seemed and became at times whiny and petty as the story progressed. To me she was a walking contradiction- she dismissively denies being liar but still constantly does lie for whatever reason and tends to justify such reasons. She's a reluctant heroine, albeit an annoying one.

The story is fairly fast paced with a lot of action, but conversations and chatacter developments simply fall flat off my expectations. Perhaps the best excitement of all was the conclusion, the end- the showdown.

I felt it was lacking more but I'm still looking forward to reading its sequel- I am looking forward to redeeming qualities of the sequel..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bite Me!.