Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream's Reviews > Love Unscripted

Love Unscripted by Tina Reber

Mar 03, 12

bookshelves: 5-stars
Read from July 27 to 28, 2011

CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT MORE BOOK REVIEWS AT READING, EATING & DREAMING I WAS BLAIR WALDORF

Where to begin?
Love Unscripted by Tina Reber is one of the BEST books I have ever read. I am obsessed with this book. In fact, I could easily become one of the crazy stalker fans you read about in this novel. I didn't just like this story… I was completely overwhelmed by it.

What makes a book AMAZING?
In my opinion, when reading an amazing book or watching a fantastic movie, the reader/audience "becomes" the character. You put yourself in their shoes, so when the character is happy, you’re happy…when their heart breaks, your heart breaks. Well, I "was" Taryn.

What made Love Unscripted such a mind-blowing novel?
Everything.
Characters. Plot. Writing Style. Conflict. Ending. (You name it!)
Taryn and Ryan are authentic, relatable, amazing characters. Since this story is told from Taryn’s perspective, I related with her the most.
Taryn has been hurt before and this makes it hard for her to trust again. I think that is something most young adults can comprehend (I know I can), and this just makes you appreciate her character that much more. I understood just about every choice she made in the novel because they were the same choices I would have made in her shoes. She’s adorable.
Ryan is a gorgeous movie star, and he constantly has paparazzi and groupies chasing him. You may think, “Ah, poor baby. He has it so hard”, but his life really isn’t easy. Ryan isn’t the character you’d expect a young, handsome, millionaire, movie star to be. He isn’t cocky or egotistical. He’s precious. Reber shows you his insecurities and you can’t help but FALL IN LOVE with him.

I enjoyed every scene in this book, but the scenes where Taryn and Ryan are just getting to know one another were some of the best scenes ever. I completely adored the pool table scene, when the characters each pull the “flirt and distract” move. (I've totally pulled the flirt and distract pool table moves before, and the fact that Reber included this in the story made me relate to the story and characters even more). I’d love to go scene-by-scene and tell you why this novel is so incredible, but I don’t want to give away the entire book. You really need to read and discover for yourself why this novel is so freaking great.

How can you say a novel is relatable when the plot is based on the challenges of dating a movie star?
Well, unfortunately no, I haven’t dated a movie star (I’m still waiting for Ian Somerhalder to return my love letters! - KIDDING!) Still, I related to this novel every step of the way. Reber writes this story so you “know” the characters and you understand their motivations and emotions. You watch Taryn and Ryan’s relationship develop slowly (you are a part of it), and you easily understand their fears, dreams and troubles. Most women in their twenties have been betrayed by a guy, have dealt with trust issues, or have struggled with jealousy; Reber incorporated these everyday issues into Taryn and Ryan’s relationship, so readers can easily relate.

Who is this book for?
Love Unscripted isn’t a young adult book. Technically, it is in the adult genre! The main characters Taryn and Ryan are in their mid-twenties. I think this is a great book for people 17 and up, mainly women. This novel contains a lot of sexual innuendoes, some sex and some adult language. I can't tell anyone what books they are allowed to read, but I'd STRONGLY recommend this novel for older teens.

Love Unscripted is the first book in a series. As of now, Reber has plans for a three book series, but this isn’t concrete so there could be more. I can’t wait to see what the future holds for Taryn and Ryan!

I gave Love Unscripted by Tina Reber 5 STARS. If you haven’t picked up on it already, I thought this book was award-winning material! I strongly urge everyone over the age of 17 to purchase this novel immediately. I can pretty much guarantee you will fall in love with Taryn and Ryan, just like I did. (PS: I read this novel three days ago, and I could easily pick it back up again to re-read! Yes, I liked it that much.)

-XOXO

READING, EATING & DREAMING

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Unscripted.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Searock So agree with you RED!!

I am giddy with excitement that the second book is coming out. Can't wait!

Someone else was able to read an early copy. Hmmmm. Maybe you can talk Tina into it! She'll know your blog is made of awesome and that your love for this book makes you tres worthy!!

Fred Ok, just went and bought it! When you give a book five stars, I'm on it! Thanks, so looking forward to it now!

Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream I am giddy re-reading this book. :) I've been wanting to re-read this one for a while, but I'm glad that I held off until now because it's been so long that it's like discovering it for the first time again. *Sigh*

Thank you for you sweet words! You just made my week. *I am on cloud nine right now* I am sure Tina knows that I would never deny her. LOL. :)

Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream Fred- YAY!!!! Oh my goodness, I sincerely think that you are going to love this one!! Keep me posted!! :)

Fred I just realized that your review is from a while ago, this has been on my tbr but got lost somehow. Anyway, I know if you loved it this much, it's got to be special! Thanks again, will def let you know what I think!

Tina Reber Not to be all "author-stalkerish" Fred, but I can't wait to hear your opinion. I have had a few male readers and it's fascinating to me to get the male perspective feedback. I hope you find it enjoyable. Good, bad, or otherwise, thanks for giving it a read.

Fred Thanks, Tina, it is so cool to hear from you, I appreciate how welcoming you are to a guy reader who loves this genre, despite feeling a bit like an eavesdropper sometimes. I will def share my thoughts, although my bumbling posts will never rise to the level of the lovely RED. Thanks again, and I feel flattered, not in the least stalked!

Tina Reber I'm excited!!! Without wonderful readers like all of you, I'd be nothing more than a semi mid-life crisis in a really big MS Word file.

message 9: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Hummm, I've heard good and bad reviews on this one. You're intriguing me, RED!

Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream What? You haven't read this one yet? I LOVE IT! I'd move it to the top of your list! ;) And the second one is coming out soon so it'd be perfect timing!

message 11: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Ok!! It's already on my to-read list, so I will read it after my beta-read for an author friend of mine about to publish and my latest Katherine Allred book I'm also about to finish! Sounds great!! Thanks for your great review!!

message 12: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred Leslie, 5 stars from R.E.D.? The stars don't align that way very often, just go with it, I certainly am!

message 13: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Not a huge fan of highschool YA books, though...but i trust you. ;)

message 14: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Fred wrote: "Leslie, 5 stars from R.E.D.? The stars don't align that way very often, just go with it, I certainly am!"

Yes, Fred, that WAS surprising!!

message 15: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred Leslie wrote: "Not a huge fan of highschool YA books, though...but i trust you. ;)"

I don't think this involves high school, they are in their mid-twenties, he's a film star, she runs a restaurant/bar kind of place.

message 16: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Oh good...somewhere I must have read incorrectly! My bad!! Thanks, Fred!! Whew!! ;)

message 17: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred I am def gonna find a high school book that you will like, this is a challenge to my librarian skilz now!

Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream Yall are cracking me up!!

Okay Leslie we must talk. It's not YA and it's not high school. It's about people in their mid-twenties. The characters are relatable. I loved the flirting and the banter filled with sexual innuendos. The characters behavior is natural and easy to relate to. Oh, I can't wait till you read this one! :) Let me know what you think!

message 19: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred Hey, my wife and daughter are in New Orleans for spring break, that is your territory, right? They seem to be having a great time, tweeting about hurricanes and haunted history tours.

message 20: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Thank you, RED! Fred set me straight!! For some reason I had it in my head and thought it was a YA book. I'll read them, but they're not my preference. I will SO read this, simply because you have good taste and we usually like the same books! I will let you know when I start! I'm beta-reading a book for an author friend right now and then she'll publish. I'm holding "What Price Paradise" until I finish, then, I may just take the plunge!! :)

Melissa Sorry to intrude in the convo but Leslie you need to read this! It's so good!!

message 22: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Hi Melissa, you're not intruding at all! I will definitely read this and thanks for your input!! :)

Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream Fred, New Orleans is very close to home. In fact, my mother and sister spent the day there today! I'm glad your family is enjoying themselves. New Orleans is a very cool city. I wouldn't want to live there, but it's a great place to visit. Amazing food. :)

message 24: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Love NOLA!! In fact, I'm reading a book about it right now!! My author friend only writes her books about the city. This is her 3rd and it's really good! It'll be published in early April! You're right, RED, the food is amazing! :)

message 25: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred Well, I guess it's the place to be this weekend! Def not a place to live, kind of a twisted adult Disneyland, I gather. But fun and food galore. They are at Bubba Gump's right now, as best I can glean through the alcoholic haze (on their end, not here, haha).

message 26: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Fred wrote: "Well, I guess it's the place to be this weekend! Def not a place to live, kind of a twisted adult Disneyland, I gather. But fun and food galore. They are at Bubba Gump's right now, as best I can..."

You're supposed to be in the middle of a reading marathon this weekend, Fred! What have you been reading?

message 27: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred Well, I did buy Love Unscripted, and it is queued up, but circumstances intervened and I spent a lot of time fussing around, cleaning the house, doing laundry, dealing with taxes and that kind of stuff. Also my youngest had a big debate tournament (he qualified for nationals today, yay!), so had to deal with driving, supporting and whatnot. I ended up not getting a lot of reading done, sorry to say. Trying now to figure out where the day went?

message 28: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie You just described my daily life!! Congrats to your son, btw!! That's a huge deal!! Now that it's bedtime, maybe you can start on LU!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

message 29: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred Thanks sweetie, good idea! Catch you later! R.E.D., sorry for hijacking your review thread!

Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream Fred, you can hijack my review thread anytime :)No worries!

message 31: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred Thanks! I'm reading and enjoying it now, thanks again so much for your enthusiastic review. You have a knack for capturing and conveying what's good about a book!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

This book is amazing!!!! I get giddy everytime I hear Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours" *sigh* I can't wait for Love Unrehearsed!!!

Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream YAY! I can't wait to see what you think! :) This book is so much FUN!

Mandy Have any suggestions for books similar to this? I read the first four chapters on the authors website for the next book and cannot wait for it to be released!

message 35: by Fred (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred Mandy wrote: "Have any suggestions for books similar to this? I read the first four chapters on the authors website for the next book and cannot wait for it to be released!"

Hey there Mandy, not to jump in on R.E.D.'s thread, and her advice will def be better than mine, but the Between the Lines series by Tammara Webber is really awesome, and is also set in a movie stars scenario. Really good! I also liked Summer Term, by Molly Ringle, that reminds me a little of this, too. In that one he's a movie star trying to finish his college degree on the dl, but papparazzi/stalkerazzi's have other plans! Good luck, and I'll be curious to see what R.E.D. has to suggest, too!

message 36: by Anna (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anna I was thinking on reading this, but got completely sold by your review. You highlighted what makes the book likeable. :)