Leland's Reviews > Until Tuesday: A Wounded Warrior and the Golden Retriever Who Saved Him

Until Tuesday by Luis Carlos Montalván

Jul 15, 11

bookshelves: dogs, ebook, military-history
Read in July, 2011

You must read this book. Not because you're a dog lover. Not because you are or were in the military. Not because you love someone who is or was in the military. Those are all good reasons, but they're not the real reason. You must read this book to know about love, to know about pain, and about recovery. And you need to know about hope.

This book tells not only the remarkable story of Montalván and his service dog Tuesday, it tells the story of a war that we citizens, through action and inaction, asked our men and women in uniform to fight. Our country asked them to fight it, while the politicians played football with the funding and the strategies. It's hard to read about the stress that our service men and women put up with while they're fighting and the challenges they face as they re-integrate into civilian life. In clear yet painful terms, Montalván provides the best description I've seen of what PTSD is, and how debilitating it can be.

As much as it hurts to read of those challenges, it's incredibly uplifting to see how Montalván takes them on, and how Tuesday, his faithful canine friend, is there every step of the way. It's a story of love, devotion, and respect, at both ends of the leash. God bless Capt. Montalván for having the courage to write it.
16 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until Tuesday.