Ali's Reviews > Kissing Christmas Goodbye

Kissing Christmas Goodbye by M.C. Beaton

Jul 15, 11

Read in July, 2011

Having been rather disappointed in the last A R mystery, I felt this one was much more in keeping with the Agatha Raisin of old. Agatha is determined to have a wonderful Christmas meal for invited guests, despite her last disastrous attempt. She begins to plan in October, but first there is a small matter of a poisoning to sort out. The victim is soon revealed to have been a truly horrible woman, with something of a dark past. Agatha also has a new recruit at her agency, Toni is a seventeen year old from a very disfunctional family. Agatha generously takes Toni under her wing, providing her with somewhere to live, driving lessons and an old banger, as well as a job. Non of this of course prevents the often childish Agatha from feelings of jealously toward Toni, and her youth especially when she proves to be particularly capable. All of our favourite characters appear of course, with Roy popping up from London, and Sir Charles coming and going whenever it suits him. Good fun, and just what I needed in the middle of a long and exhausting week.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kissing Christmas Goodbye.