Sofija's Reviews > Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Jul 15, 11

Read in July, 2011

To say that I love “Beautiful Disaster” would be such an understatement. It was such a sweet book.

I was looking for the book, where action took place in college. The characters are closer to my age that in other YA books, so I could relate to them more easily.

I divide this book into three parts:
1) Abby trying not to date Travis (which I liked the most)
2) Abby and Travis Dating
3) Addy and Travis breaking up and dating again and again and again (Boy, was he persistent. His actions were in the verge of stalking)

While I like Abby, I am conflicted about Travis personality. I truly loved him in the courting part of book, but then he became such a mess. His mature way of solving the problems consisted of consuming alcohol or getting into fights. He seemed to be drunk all the time and had serious issues with anger management. His strong jealousy was another of his negative quality. If you put it all together you will have and abusive husband in training. But that’s my brain talking; while my heart still likes him (what can I say? Blame the author for making him cute)

One more thing. I cringe every time Abby or other characters call Abbys’ best friend America – Mare. Isn’t it a female horse in English? I would be offended in her place))))

Some time we all need this sort of books for our soul. Just some silly, very romantic book about too people being in love. “Beautiful Disaster” is just the right book for it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Disaster.