* Kazzy * -aka Stryker-'s Reviews > Go Fetch!

Go Fetch! by Shelly Laurenston

Jul 18, 11

bookshelves: my-kindle-books
Read from July 15 to 17, 2011

Full of steamy, sensual hot love action with the usually highly strung were-creature breed! This story carries on from the first book by looking at Sara's friend Miki and the relationship that builds between her and the Pack Second in command Connell. I loved Connell so much, the poor guy just couldn't do anything right, and I started out not liking the character Miki. She seemed arrogant, stroppy and just plain mean, and talk about play hard to get, well she was as stubborn as a mule! I felt really sorry for Connell at times and thought actually he deserved a lot better, ( his pack Alpha thought that too and told him so lol!). As the story progressed however, there was a lot of camaraderie between all the main characters, and we also learn a bit about Miki's past and why she likely puts up such a hard exterior, so by the end she had endeared herself to me a bit!

I thought the storyline was fairly good, and brought in characters from the first book throughout, and there was a fairly fast paced dialogue with a splattering of action scenes and some kick-arse fighting which added an exciting edge. I particularly loved the scenes towards the end of the book when the pack girls are together in the kitchen, and the pack guys are in the bedroom discussing the way forward for the couple from each perspective. It was pretty hilarious in places to hear what was considered important to the men, and how different that view was to the women lol! The book throughout actually was dappled with humour that added to the author's style of writing and the enjoyment of the read. I liked the way the author wrote, in what came across as, a natural, fluent way, expressing words and phrases that you could just imagine fitting with the respective characters. I thought the author created a really good group of friends, that a lot of people would probably be able to identify with, and they each brought something to the relationships within the group and were the centre of the series.

All in all this was a pretty good book, definitely good value for the low price and worth a read if you are a paranormal romance fan and like a steamy storyline!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Go Fetch!.

07/15/2011