Cynthia .'s Reviews > Emma

Emma by Jane Austen

Jul 23, 14

bookshelves: jane-austen, classics, 400
Read from March 03 to July 23, 2014 — I own a copy

The many punctuations in my reading of Emma are to be attributed to my being possessed by work and my other personal pursuits. It took me 4 long months to finally turn to the last page.

There had been many comparisons made between Mr. Knightley and Mr. Darcy but in my own punto de vista, the latter's mystique in terms of demeanor is absolutely superior than that of the former. I was less impressed by Mr. Knightley's gallantry. I was not swayed as I was by Mr. Darcy.

As to our heroine, Emma, I am all praises except for her blunders in her interventions with other people's relationships. Her matchmaking I very much found distasteful.

I found the book not very engaging because if it had been, I wouldn't find any excuse - be it work or my auxiliary activities - for my not finishing it sooner than 4 months.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emma.

03/03/2014 marked as: currently-reading
03/05/2014
6.0% "The older a person grows, the more important it is that their manners should not be bad; the more glaring and disgusting any loudness, or coarseness, or awkwardness becomes. What is passable in youth is detestable in later age."
07/22/2014 marked as: read