Wanda (Good Choice Reading)'s Reviews > Indelible

Indelible by Lani Woodland

Oct 03, 11

bookshelves: own
Read from September 07 to 10, 2011

If I say that I loved this book better than the first, that's saying a lot. Because I love her first book. I heard so much about her book and Lani was wonderful enough to send me a copy of her book. So when I was given the chance to read an ARC of her sequel I jumped onto the chance. And I was drawn in immediately. Lani wasted no time to bring on the action. By page 25, she had me gripping my reader and holding my breath. Her scenes are so descriptive it's almost impossible not to visualize, they were so vividly in my head. This book was non stop action and it almost makes me wish I was a waker. Almost. The ability to see and communicate with ghosts is so intriguing to me that I could put myself in Yara's (main character) but only in the story.

In this sequel, you get a taste of Yara, her friends and her grandmother. And I haven to admit, I really loved that part of the book. Especially the parts with Yara and her grandmother. Lani did a good job describing Yara's grandmother to the tee. You felt her grandmotherly love and bond. I didn't get that chance to meet any of my grandparents. I met my dad's stepmom and when I was around her as a child. I was glued to her. So it was nice the way Lani wrote their relationship. They have an extremely close relationship. And Yara's grandmother did whatever it took to make her granddaughter understand and come to terms with her waker gifts and abilities.

As far as her friends, they're all very supportive and not once they bat and eye to not help her. They all knew of Yara's waker abilities and they were more than enthuse to help out, even if it meant they'd get in trouble. That's the kind of friends we all need in this world. One that would help you even if it doesn't benefit them. I love love the way Lani's writes. She writes her characters so vividly and descriptive that there is no way you can't get to know them yourselves as a person too.

Between Yara's encounters with a distraught ghost and an evil ghost. And the grandmother's knowledge and actions towards these ghosts. And her friends all chipping in to make sure all goes well, is definitely a book you should keep up. I can't express enough, that this book is full of action, action, action. There's alot of everything. I encourage those that love a good ghost story to go out and get it. But wait, let's thank Lani because she's sweet enough to give away to ONE lucky winner a copy of her Special Edition ARC. So need I say this is a Good Choice for Reading! 5/5 Stars!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Indelible.

09/07/2011 page 66
16.0% "First 25 pages already have action! Way to keep your readers on the edge Lani."
09/10/2011 page 66
16.0% "As much as I liked the first one. I like this one better. Great book!"