Jacob's Reviews > The Price of Spring

The Price of Spring by Daniel Abraham

Jul 22, 11

bookshelves: 2010-2011, sci-fi-fantasy-etc
Read from July 16 to 22, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Price of Spring.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel I've been looking over Abraham's books for over a year now. Should I read him?

Jacob Yes, definitely. Give this series a try. I read the first three earlier this year and I'm finally getting around to this one. Compared to other bloated, overwritten fantasy epics that shall not be named, these books are a reasonable length--three of the four are less than 400 pages each! Really good stories, too--especially the second book.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay!

Jacob Now I just have to go back, rewrite my sorry review of the first one, and review the other three. As if I could possibly write anything that compares with yours or Eh's. Sigh.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, c'mon, Jacob, you are no slouch at reviewing.

Eh?Eh! Woohooo! It's not going to be difficult to top me. Twss! And Ceridwen's right, your reviewing posture is very erect. Uh, twss.

message 7: by Jacob (last edited Jul 22, 2011 10:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jacob Twss, twss.

Yeah, I know, I'm no sloucher--but I'm not very good at writing profound and/or introspective reviews, which is what your reviews are. I can do lighthearted and clever, sure, but it doesn't feel the same.

Mind you, this isn't a pity party. I'm just worried I won't do it justice. Strengths and weaknesses, y'know.