Jessica (Taking It One Book at a Time)'s Reviews > Anathema

Anathema by K.A. Tucker

4691966
When starting Anathema I hadn't read the synopsis in so long that it was like jumping into the dark. So when meeting Evangeline for the first time she seemed lost, but so would any other 17 year old in foster care with no friends. As she stumbled upon Sophie, literally, and instantly had a friendship, my mind was racing with "typical" directions that the book could go in.
No way in hell would I have ever imagined the worlds that K.A. created. Falling asleep every night in a lavish room Evageline dreams of a Dystopia world, but not your average one, this one is inhabited with nothing but vampires who have killed off the entire human race. They have no luxuries, are wearing tattered clothes and live in caves. Now imagine being the only human that they've seen in 700 years? Yeah, I'd be freakin' out! Evangeline on the other hand is convinced that Sophie's rich & powerful friends are playing an elaborate joke on her....oh but she's wrong. Her nightly escapade start becoming more and more real, as do her feelings for the swoon-worthy Caden.
Sophie finally has to reveal to Evangeline what's happening to her. Why she's being transported from world to world, why she's hearing voices, and most importantly why it's all so real. She finds herself scrambling to gain the answers that Sophie needs, all while questioning everyone & everything around her. Talk about a tall order to fill?? But sometimes there are things that motivate you, and if she fails, she dies....talk about motivation.

Writing this review is hard because I do NOT want to give away the great twists that K.A. has planted in the book! Just as soon as your mind starts thinking the plots going one way, it's flippin' around and running in the complete opposite direction. Her characters were so genuine and real that I felt all their emotions right away, and I even cried. (that's when you know it's good) This book was brilliant and I am already harassing K.A. for the next book in the series. So make sure you get your copy & indulge!

5/5
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anathema.