Tash's Reviews > What the Night Knows

F 50x66
Jul 14, 11

Recommended for: Fans of horror
Read from July 13 to 14, 2011, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I really enjoyed this book, despite having a few problems with it. It was the first book in years to spook me, and despite some rather unbelievable characterization I could not put in down. My main issue with it was the main family, they were just a little (a lot) to cutesy to be real. The wife was a bit of a mary sue (purple eyes? really?) and I think I would have rolled my eyes a little less if she was written as a bit less than perfect. However this was the first Koontz book in a few years that gripped me right through to the end, I often find he writes a great first half and a terrible second half but this wasn't the case. The book did have some very disturbing content though and I almost gave it up at the half way mark when the victims started piling up.

Also the ending left me a bit puzzled, if John was able to go back and change that one thing then surely the events in the book would not have happened, yet he comes back and they have happened exactly as they did. So that left me a bit confused. I had other small problems with the writing/plotting but in all this was a gripping and disturbing read.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What the Night Knows.