Bill Tillman's Reviews > Pearl In The Sand

Pearl In The Sand by Tessa Afshar

Dec 10, 11

bookshelves: christian, christian-romance, christian-historical, rereading, arc, audio-book, ebook, fiction, folklore, kindle, reference, book-for-review
Read from July 14 to 16, 2011 — I own a copy

I post to both Goodreads and Shelfari as Silverbill and have well over 1,000 followers on each. Also an Amazon Prime member with a growing list of reviews.

An old, old story told in a new way. A must read or in my case listen as I first recieved an audio version. Now I have an ARC (advanced readers copy) which make rereading an absolute joy.

The story of Rahab is an very old Biblical story taken from the book of Joshua. Rahab's family was a farming one, who suffered several crop failures. Her father wanted to sell Rahab as a temple prositute but Rahab refused to be made such a public display of. A wealthy merchant offered seasonal employ as a concubine, which Rahab accepted for the sake of her family.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pearl In The Sand.

07/15/2011 page 140
07/15/2011 page 140 "44% ot 4 of 8 discs"
07/15/2011 page 176 "55%"

message 1: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen Did you win this one?

message 2: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen Maybe you did not want to answer or did not have time. Just trying to comment some way. lol Good review. Seems different than what you usually read.makes me want to read because some of these are hokey at times.

Bill Tillman Sorry Karen,

Don't always keep up with mail. I won the DVD copy, the people at Oasis Audio are awesome. Still waiting on a lady from church to return it. Then had an opportunity to do a review for the publisher.