Sian's Reviews > Hide from Evil

Hide from Evil by Jami Alden

Jul 14, 2011

bookshelves: read-2012
Read from April 16 to 20, 2012

I couldn't wait to read this after the first book Beg for Mercy.
Unfortunately due to having readers block its taken me a while to get to it :)

But when I did I could NOT put it down.

I loved the character of Sean in Beg for Mercy and was disappointed when we didn't get much from him. I was also intrigued by Krista and how she was willing to accept she did wrong and I liked how she then did everything in her power to do the right thing.

From the outstart you can feel the chemistry between the two of them, despite the circumstances in which they met etc. They are both fighting against it because of this but they can't for very long, evenn with the life and death situations they find themselves in, in trying to get to the truth behind who helped frame Sean and why.

I really enjoyed the love story, one of the better one I have read for a while, but with the rest of the storyline (which started in Beg for Mercy) I really enjoyed this. The back story behind Nate and his family and the people who helped to frame Sean for murder, it was written very well with a gripping un-put-downable storyline. This book didn't slow and there was quite a lot of action in it as well as steamy love making scenes. Phew! Who wouldn't want a Sean of their own after reading this.

There were quite a few secondary characters in this as well as a few reacurring characters from the first book.

I don't recommend reading this as a stand alone book though. A lot of this story gets started in book 1 and it could become confusing for someone to come in at the second book.
I really enjoyed this and I look forward to reading the third book :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hide from Evil.