Christine's Reviews > Devil Without a Cause

Devil Without a Cause by Terri Garey

Jul 14, 2011

bookshelves: para-romance, urban-fantasy, demons-devils, angels-nephilim, rao-reviews, reviewed, satanic-tales
Read on August 03, 2011 , read count: 1

Readers of Terri Garey’s Nicki Styx novels will no doubt be familiar with this world and with our Devil—Samuel or Sammy as Lilith calls him but really he goes by a myriad of names … including the infamous Lucifer and Beelzebub—but this was my first introduction and this book does a brilliant job of hooking you from the beginning. I read it in one night.

I much preferred this book’s world-building to its romance of which I had a hard time believing, but the world-building was definitely enough to bring me back to its sequel (I really enjoyed how Greek gods made cameos) and also to trying out the original Nicki Styx novels (her name was dropped just enough to pique my interest—which was probably done on purpose). I think I enjoyed Sammy’s history and mystery much, much more to Faith and Finn‘s storyline. Perhaps I have a little sympathy for the devil?

The other disappointments I had were with Gabriel and Faith. Both felt flat to me. Sammy’s gravitas and mystery (and that delightful poisonous streak) kept me flipping the pages, though Finn helped too; his past was interesting. 4/5.

As posted on http://www.read-all-over.net/fiction/...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devil Without a Cause.

08/03/2011 page 178