Emily's Reviews > Case Histories

Case Histories by Kate Atkinson

Mar 24, 2008

liked it

** spoiler alert ** Now I'm deeply disturbed. At first, I thought the family of this novel sounded just like my own, in an "aren't they loveably eccentric" way. I even recommended it to my mother because of the similarities. Then I read a bit further and the similarities evaporated disastrously. The father is a molester, the mother is clinically depressed. The eldest sister, who seemed so much like my older sister because they're both religious and creepy, turns out to be abused and murderous. The sister I related to because she is daydreamy and dull turns out to be an annoying lesbian masturbator. Heavens. And the baby sister, who seemed so much like my baby sister, gets killed off quite quickly. My mom is going to kill me if I don't head her off before she begins this one.
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Case Histories.

message 1: by Jenny (new)

Jenny HAHAHAHA.
I once suggested a family friend who is into dog shows rent Best in Show. MISTAKE

message 2: by Melissa (last edited Jun 06, 2011 07:14AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa Well thanks for giving away one of the crimes without a spoiler alert. We have wait to the penultimate chapter to find out exactly what happened to Olivia but you managed to tell all even in the short version of your review.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, thanks for the spoilers.

Elizabeth Wow. Thanks for the spoiler. Jesus.

sendann a....a lesbian masturbator???!?!! the horror!