Rachel's Reviews > Goliath

Sep 19, 11

bookshelves: egalleys
Read from September 16 to 17, 2011

Reviews and more fun on my blog: Paper Cuts

Like I said in my review of Behemoth, I just moderately liked Leviathan, but this series has definitely gotten better and better as it's gone on. Behemoth was good, but Goliath was excellent, a perfect ending to the series. I didn't know I would be so sad for it be over, but after reading all three of the books, I most certainly am. If you're like me, and just kinda liked Leviathan, I assure you that you should keep reading these books. They get so so so much better, and are completely worth your time.

Scott Westerfeld keeps astounding me with his creativity. I would think he'd run out of interesting creatures and odd machines for the Clankers and Darwinists to have, but it seems he has a never-ending supply. Sometimes those descriptions can get exhausting, but the beautiful illustrations make it so much easier to visualize. I noticed that almost every new machine or animal and/or confusing clash had a picture.

All of those things we've been waiting for for two other books are finally happening. :) Secret identities are revealed, feelings are made known, and happy endings are on the horizon. Everyone wants to know how Alek and Deryn are going to end, and I will not spoil details, but I can't hide that I'm happy about it.

I still love each and every character, especially Deryn. That is a girl anyone can admire, and I love her spunk and vivacity. I also love some of her more commonly used phrases and words. She's fun.

To conclude, read Goliath if you've read the other two books. If you haven't read the other two books, read them. Then read Goliath! :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goliath.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 2: by Lilyana (new) - added it

Lilyana OMG!!! I need this book!

Rachel It's super good!! You'll like it! I'm pretty sure it's out Tuesday.