Lisa's Reviews > The Right Attitude to Rain

The Right Attitude to Rain by Alexander McCall Smith

Jul 14, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Right Attitude to Rain.

Quotes Lisa Liked

Alexander McCall Smith
“It was easy to be moral when that was the way you felt anyway. The hard bit about morality was making yourself feel the opposite of what you really felt.”

Alexander McCall Smith
“Which is how most people acted when it came to temptation. They gave in. And we should never forget, thought Isabel, that every one of us is capable of doing the same thing if the game that we see for ourselves is large enough.”

Alexander McCall Smith
“She felt that she had revealed something to Cat, and with revealing something about oneself there always comes a sense of lightening of the load that we all carry; the load of being ourselves.”

Alexander McCall Smith
“We act out our lives to a soundtrack, thought Isabel, the music that becomes, for a spell, out favourite and is listened to again and again until it stands for the time itself. But that was about all the scripting that we achieved; the rest, for most of us, was extemporising.”
tags: life, music

Alexander McCall Smith
“When you are with somebody you love the smallest, smallest things can be so important, so amusing because love transforms the world, everything. And was that what had happened?”