Tami's Reviews > Ruth

Nov 14, 11

bookshelves: goodreads-giveaways, 2011

I haven't received the book yet. I just received notice I had won. 7/14/11
Still haven't received it. 8/17/11
I still have not received this. I did get a message awhile back from the person listing the giveaway that mentioned the release date had been changed, so hopefully soon. 8/29/11
Well it looks like it was published September 1st, so hopefully it will arrive soon.
Still have not received my copy. 9/14/11

****Now Amazon shows the release date as November 1st****

Well after over 3 Months, I finally received my copy. Hope it was worth waiting for. 10/21/11
Started this morning. 11/09/11

Ruth was born in a very remote coffee plantation in Papau, New Guinea. Since they were so remote, her mother allowed her to play with the native children. This was during a time of great racist divides. She is sent off to school on the main land after becoming too friendly with a native boy. She comes back for Christmas to a family in turmoil, and event after event shapes Ruth's live for the next 15 years.

This book was a quick easy read. There were parts where I had to slow down or reread a sentence or two because of the way they spoke and words they used. I had a bit of a time understanding it. I loved some of the characters and felt others fell flat. The story was a little too predictable but some of the fun characters made that bearable.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ruth.

Jessica I won a copy as well and have not received it. Im hoping it comes soon.