Matilda Peck's Reviews > The Penderwicks at Point Mouette

The Penderwicks at Point Mouette by Jeanne Birdsall

U_50x66
Jul 14, 11

This book is a heartwarming story about three sisters and their advetures in Maine. At the ages of 12,11, and 5, the Penderwicks face the problems of childhood and growing up into young ladies. One has trouble with control and patience, another has fallen in love with the wrong boy, and the youngest will have to live without her oldest and favorite sister who is in New Jersey with a friend. Jeanne Birdsall (the author) has captured the real energy and bubbly nature of young girls and describes very accurately the feelings and thoughts adventurous sisters might have. I think the mistakes the girls make, such as chopping off her own hair, turning the kitchen upside-down, and leaving alone a crazy sister are things I would do or would have done, which makes the story so much more interesting and believable. I have always wanted a sister and Jeanne Birdsall has really given me the chance to experience not only the fun of sisterhood but the unexpected adventures and mischief a Penderwick can get into. A girl's ability is never limited and this story, "The Penderwicks At Point Mouete," proves that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Penderwicks at Point Mouette.