Shandy's Reviews > The Arrangement

The Arrangement by Cat Grant

Jul 14, 11

bookshelves: erotic, romance
Read in August, 2009

First off this is a m/m/f book (which means male/male/ female) yup it’s got guy on guy action as well as guy on gal action. Now while it does have hot sex scenes that’s not all this books about. It’s about the emotional connection between a husband and wife and their lover. Yes I said THEIR lover. This is a polyamorous book. Not to be confused with polygamy, which is a totally different topic. The Arrangement shows what it takes to not only hold one love together but three. Ms. Grant gives a very realistic look at a ploy relationship and the emotions involved in being in such a relationship.
I found the characters to be real and very empathic. For the first part of the book I felt horrible for Nick, who seemed at every instance to get the short end of the stick, from being the other man to losing his father. But then you get to see that Allison isn’t in a much better position. While she gets to stay with Eric, she doesn’t really get anymore time or much of a better deal. It seemed for the most part Eric’s first and main love is his career. This combination makes for an emotional roll-a-coaster through out the entire book.
As this is book one of The Courtland Chronicles I’m thoroughly looking forward to buying the other books this series. I’d definitely recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good romance and especially someone who likes unconventional romance.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Arrangement.