Tee loves Kyle Jacobson's Reviews > Significance

Jul 18, 2011

Recommended to Tee loves Kyle Jacobson by: Shelly Crane
Recommended for: Everyone
Read from July 14 to 18, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Warning: This book is addicting and you WILL NOT be able to put it down.

My Rating:5 of 5

My Cover Thoughts: I absolutely love this cover. The full moon is out and the words Soul… Honor… Love… Passion…
Sometimes…..
What you always needed walks up when you least expect it.

My Thoughts/Review: This book is a must read. My first thought was OMG could this really happen to people? Could people fall in love the first minute they meet? The answer is a resounding yes!
Maggie is an ordinary girl graduating from high school and wanting nothing more than to be done with school and work all summer at the diner before deciding what she is going to do. Then something amazing happens to her and she is not so sure what she is going to do. She has a lot of thinking to do.

With this new decision on her mind she finds that some choices are hard to make but she has to learn to follow her heart. Falling in love is scary but once it is done there is no looking back. What is worse is when you are stuck in a love triangle and you don’t want anyone to get hurt feelings but you already know that at least two people are going to get hurt.

I loved this book right from the start! The opening lines are: I had waited for this day. For this one thing to complete me. To wrap up seventeen and a three quarter years of my life and set a pretty bow on it in the form of a graduation cap. I had waited for this one sheet of paper to tell me I had done something right.

I sat in my assigned seat, along with my classmates, in alphabetical order in front of the gym. The ones up front were in order by achievements, their faces lit with the relief of scholarships and graduation parties with gifts and family and friends. And getting out of this town.

I was numb. I had waited for this moment but now, didn‟t feel good inside. Didn‟t feel complete. Didn‟t feel achieved. I felt like I‟d slid by and barely made it. Which is exactly what I‟d done. I despised school. I was in the early release program for students who work after school, so we got out at 1:00 instead of 3:00 like everyone else. I was barely here and when I was I didn‟t want to be.

This story has so many toss and turns and lots of adventures, you will love it! What is one to do when you fall in love with a stranger? Should you listen to everyone else or should you just go for it. Maggie has made her decision and she is going through with her plan of loving and trusting someone when she could not do that a year ago. She has her best friend Becca and her ex-boyfriend Chad and her other best friend Kyle. They have spent all there lives together and had decided they were going to go to the same college and then things changed. Maggie had someone close to her walk right out of her life and senior year went from being fun to being unnoticed by everyone because she just wanted to do her senior year and get out of town far away from all the things that had happened over the year.

Then Maggie meets the love of her life and she finds out that being in love is complicated band that this particular relationship is going to be a tough one. But Maggie holds true to herself and her love and she makes things doable. What is in store for Maggie? Can she handle it? Does love survive battles? Hehehehe read on to find out!

Shelly Crane is the next Rachelle Mead! She has weaved a love story with loss and challenges that will pull at your heart and having you rooting for the couple. This is a must summer read. You will not be disappointed!

Memorable Quotes: “Hold on.” I walked up to his cousin a few feet away. I looked up into his face, at least half a foot higher than mine, probably more. “I‟m really glad I was there.”

“Me too. Thank you. You ever need anything- a new pair of rollerblades, a Popsicle, a kidney- it‟s yours.”

I laughed and tucked my hair behind me ear as he chuckled too and shuffled his feet.

“Ok. I‟m Maggie by the way.”

I stuck my hand out towards him and smiled.
“Maggie,” he repeated and I bit my lip at the sound of my name on his lips. “Caleb.” He took my hand and I felt an instant jolt go through my body that made me gasp.

Not like a girly wow he‟s touching me jolt. I mean an actual jolt. Like it felt as if fire was racing through my veins and I was standing in water with a blow dryer. My breaths ceased to exist and my blood felt cold in my hot skin. My eyes fluttered automatically at the pleasure pain of it. I saw images, flashes of things. Me on a porch. Tan arms going around me from behind and a brown haired head sitting atop mine then leaning down, kissing my neck. Then that image vanished and a new one appeared.
19 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Significance.

Quotes Tee loves Kyle Jacobson Liked

Shelly Crane
“You don’t love people for what they can give you. You don’t love them because of what they do for you or how good you make them look. Love is blind, love does not boast, love is not vain.”

Shelly Crane
“In the words of some really beautiful smart girl I know, just give me what I want," Caleb whispered.”

Shelly Crane
“It wasn't long before I had the urge to glance inside. I then had a slight moment of panic. Number one, Big John was walking out the door with a meat cleaver gleaming in his hand. Yes, a meat cleaver.
Number two, he was glaring at Caleb like he was the devil himself.”

Shelly Crane
“Gran, I'm only gonna ask this once. Please don't have sex talks with me, ok? Especially with Maggie in the room. Do you think we could do that?”

Shelly Crane
“His eyes opened and he smiled at me like he understood everything, like I was everything.”

Shelly Crane
“Because you are my significant, my soul mate. And I'm yours.”

Shelly Crane
“I saw something in you that I couldn't live without. I chose you, inside of me, and you chose me. It's not one sided, it only works when both people choose the other. You are perfect for me in every way.”

Shelly Crane
“But... we will always be drawn together. We'll always crave each other. We'll always be in tune with each other, physically and mentally. There is nothing that can change or break that. And even if there was, I wouldn't want to. Not for the world.”

Shelly Crane
“Why not get married and get started on your life?"
"You’ve thought about this already, haven’t you?"
"Of course I have. Caleb leaned to hover over me on his elbows and looked seriously at me. “I’ve thought about it every since you first touched me and I knew you were mine.”

02/28 marked as: read

message 1: by Kelley (new) - added it

Kelley is this the book that inspires your GR name?

Tee loves Kyle Jacobson Yes it is! I love me some Kyle Jacobson and soon I will wear his tattoo on my arm ;)