Jodie (Books for Company)'s Reviews > Forbidden Boy

Forbidden Boy by Hailey Abbott

Aug 25, 11

Read on July 14, 2011

www.booksforcompany.com
I picked Forbidden boy up for two reasons, the first one is that l have had this on my shelf way too long! Secondly l wanted a nice easy read which was a light heart book with a cute little romance in. Forbidden Boy was just what the doctor prescribed, it had everything that l needed at the point in time which l picked this up. The romance, beach, sun, friendship, family and summer!
Before l start to tell you my feelings on this book let me just explain what not to expect from this book. Don’t expect anything which will keep you on the edge of your seat or surprise you. What l liked about this book is that although a lot of it is predictable in the romance sense, it’s still a great read.
Jules and her sister Chloe are my main favourite characters in this book. As soon as l had read the first page they had me smiling and l could already tell how close they were. I don’t read enough books with strong sister connections so this was a nice change. Jules herself, at times, seems quite confident then at another time is quite a shy person but l felt like l could relate to this as l am sometimes like this. Remi is a cute guy but sometimes l felt like l wanted him to make himself a bit harder to get, at some points he was just too cute! I did find the further into the book the less l thought this.
The whole storyline probably wasn’t a really unique one but l liked it and felt that it was written in a way which made everything flow. I enjoyed seeing how certain things would effect a friendship/relationship and then how they would deal with it from there.
Overall Forbidden Boy is a great summer read which is perfect to pick up if you want to read and relax.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden Boy.

07/14/2011 page 80

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Donna {Book Passion for Life} I'm excited to see what you think of this. I was going to get it the other day but I got a few others by the same author instead. :)

Jodie (Books for Company) It's good so far! I couldn't get into two books so thought this would be a nice read and it is =)

Donna {Book Passion for Life} I get like that sometimes. I hate it. :(

Donna {Book Passion for Life} P.S I made some slight changes to the UK/EU thing. Nothing major but I think were ready to go when we need to.

Jodie (Books for Company) Me too! But l think l just wasn't in the mood for those sort of books, well with one of them anyway!
Ok thanks =)