Eva Leger's Reviews > Wish List

Wish List by John  Locke

Jul 20, 11

bookshelves: b-fiction, preqs-seqs-series, mystery
Read from July 18 to 19, 2011

This is the second book in Locke's Donovan Creed series that I read. I'd have read them in order had I known it was a series but that information wasn't here or on amazon at the time. As it is I've bought the others and will not read them in order. One good thing about Locke's stories is that they're damn near unforgettable. I usually forget most, sometimes all, of a story when I'm finished because my memory is so bad but I can remember both of these books and keep them separate in my mind.
I really like how Locke intermingles his characters - up to a point. That can get confusing but Locke doesn't take it to the extreme. Since his characters are all easy to remember that makes it all the better.
Wish List is scary. Not in the traditional sense. Well, maybe in the traditional sense. I kept thinking, throughout the entire book, what if... Just what if....
Even though this is so far from reality you never know. There are people out there who would, if they had the means, do something similar. It's hard to imagine the mind that thought this up.
It really couldn't have been easy trying to keep this all straight and make it work. There were a few times where I had to stop and really take stock of all that I'd read.
I'm going to go back to the first Donovan Creed story and then go in order. I have no doubt I'll like them all as much as I liked this and Saving Rachel. For 99 cent ebooks I really haven't come across a better deal.
I'd suggest this series to anyone who likes mysteries and a LOT of drama but if you're into strictly realistic fiction and non-fiction be aware - this is definitely different and it's hard to wrap your head around sometimes.
That's one of the things I like about them!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wish List.

07/18/2011
7.0% "going to start today! Thanks Tia!! :-)"
07/19/2011
100.0% "I'm going to have to buy more of Locke's books. No one could call them realistic but they're fast and crazy fun to read..."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

ABookFiend I agree!

message 2: by Natosha (new) - added it

Natosha It's actually the fifth book in the Donavon Creed series.