Samantha Janning's Reviews > Click

Click by Lisa Becker

Jul 13, 2011

Lisa Becker is on tour with CLP Blog Tours and her novel Click: An Online Love Story. This book is written through a series of emails among Renee Greene and friends, as Renee tries to find love through the online world. Approaching thirty, not happy that she isn’t married or doesn’t even have a fling, Renee decides to try her luck on dating sites. Renee CC’s and BCC’s her friends on during each message she gets from the guys, and responses range since her two closest pals are Ashley- too judgmental over Renee’s relationships yet is in a dysfunctional one of her own, and Shelley- who always seems to have a new one-night stand story to share with Renee. But through the dating mishaps, hilarious emails, and shocking revelations with some of the men, Renee finally clicks with Ethan- but can the relationship make it past emails when an unexpected road block jumps in the way?

I absolutely loved Click. Once I started reading, it was too hard to put down. The email format made the book fly by, and some of the dating stories from Renee were hysterical. I really enjoyed Ashley and Shelley and hearing about their lives, which sometimes can be a difficult feat when readers are learning about them only through email. But I thought Becker did an excellent job at bringing in their lives and troubles, and it really added more to the story, especially with the twist to the ending. I have to say, I’m usually pretty good at sniffing out where the troubles will lie with the characters, but this one shocked me! Once the trouble with Renee and Ethan was brought to life, I had to keep reading to know how it all ended. Get this on your to-read lists, you will not be disappointed!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Click.