Kailia's Reviews > Time to Let Go

Time to Let Go by Lurlene McDaniel

Jul 13, 11

bookshelves: childhood-reads, middle-grade, lurlene-mcdaniel
Read in January, 2011

This book was so sad. After Amy's death,Erin begins to have severe migraines. No doctor can figure out why but she has to go to a shrink, which she hates. But she has to go. The one highlight of her life is the school's play for which she gets the lead. But the male lead opposite her? It's David Devlin, the guy with whom she'd been a clown with in Somewhere Between Life and Death.

He's so infuriating. He never leaves Erin alone and something about him bugs her. And he's completely in love with her. As Erin tries to live with the loss of her sister, she feels that her life is falling apart. Her parents work all the time to keep themselves occupied and everything David does, makes Erin angrier.

Honestly, I loved David. He's such a nice guy, who's got such a great heart! He was always there for Erin and knew that she was going through some tough things. He made her laugh and smile when she needed him most!

Though the issues were solved in this book, I have to say that I didn't like Erin's mother in this. She was going through a lot but she didn't seem to understand that her husband lost a daughter and Erin a sister. Her attitude bugged me to no end.

Overall, a great installation to all of Lurlene's other books and a great companion novel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Time to Let Go.