Shannon Stults's Reviews > Oh. My. Gods.

Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs

Dec 23, 11

bookshelves: 2011, library, series, young-adult, blog
Read on November 24, 2011, read count: 1

Gotta love those books you finish the same day you start them. This book was cute. Certainly not an all-time favorite by any means. But I enjoyed it and that's all that matters.

Problems:

I just don't like when 100% of the main character's problem is boy drama. I love romance, and I love the boy drama. But I believe that it should only be part of the story. There's more to life than whether the boy you are crushing likes you back or not.

Praises:

I love Greek mythology, so I knew this would be a good book for me. In fact, its the reason why I grabbed it in the first place. It's a light read, short enough to make the time you devoted feel worth it. And the characters are generally likeable...when they're supposed to be.

Predictions:

Well, I've read the summary for the sequel, so I know that she has to take a special training course. But considering the first novel's focus on the romance, I imagine there is going to be some trouble in paradise. Because we all know that the perfect relationship is never interesting enough.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oh. My. Gods..

message 1: by Em (new) - rated it 3 stars

Em "There's more to life than boys."
I'd say Phoebe probably learned that from her mom.

Shannon Stults Haha, yeah. I have a review that goes a bit more in-depth on my book review blog. Check it out (and some of my other reviews) if you want. www.trtoo.wordpress.com :D